Tuesday, June 26, 2012

(A few more than ) 28 Days...Later

“Grappling with fate is like meeting an expert wrestler: to escape, you have to accept the fall when you are thrown. The only thing that counts is whether you get back up.”
Deng Ming-Dao, Everyday Tao: Living with Balance and Harmony

As it has been about a month since I last "tripped the blog fantastic", 2 movies with similar titles and vastly different stories came to mind:

28 Days  A dramady starring Sandra Bullock - "A big-city newspaper columnist is forced to enter a drug and alcohol rehab center after ruining her sister's wedding and crashing a stolen limousine." 

and

28 Days Later A British sci-fi horror flic  -  "Four weeks after a mysterious, incurable virus spreads throughout the UK, a handful of survivors try to find sanctuary."

The last month has been a whirlwind of new experiences filtering thru a lifetime of previous experiences.  It's been like watching a movie of a story you wrote about an event in your own life, acted out by new characters. Everything seems REALLY familiar, but there is a slight disconnect, like the bad dubbing of a kung fu move from the 70's. All the words are there, but I found myself fighting to understand.

It has taken the better part of a month, the support of a great family and the guidance of a great new mentor to help me get out of my own way, relax and realize that I HAVE been here before.  The mental 'muscle memory' is there, I just have to do what I do and be who I am.

I got back up...

Kinda like a rehab patient, and the survivors of a zombie apocalypse...excepted for the all of the living dead.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment